The Benefits Of Digital Printing
Digital printing has certainly come a long way and while it is still a relatively new process in the history of printing, it has become the method of choice for many print providers and customers. The technology used for digital printing continues to improve and has really levelled the playing field between small business and large organisations. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of digital printing:
- Shorter runs – digital printing is more effective for short to medium print runs. It allows for more effective print management because it offers flexibility for businesses to print what they need, when they need it, in a quicker turnaround time.
- Cost effective – offset print services always require minimum orders to become cost effective. Digital printing is not restricted by the same set-up requirements therefore offering the freedom and flexibility for businesses to order just what they need at an affordable price.
- Speed – digital printing offers a shorter turnaround time as there is minimal set-up requirements compared to offset printing.
- Consistency – every print is the same. It offers less waste and few variations, due to not having to balance ink and water during the press run.
- High quality – the technology for digital printing has come a long way and offers great quality for smaller print runs.
- Variable data printing options – using information from a database, text and graphics can be changed on each printed piece without stopping or slowing down the press. For example, each letter or brochure can be printed with a different name and address.
- Green – printing digital assists with the green credentials of any company. There are no pre-press stages so no need for film plates or photo chemicals.
Digital printing offers businesses more options and with the high-quality output from state-of-the-art digital print presses, there’s no reason not to choose digital printing for low-quantity, high-quality, economical print marketing.
Our Digital Printing Technology can accurately produce thousands of copies in short order at very high resolution. Achieving a high quality finish, with striking effects and colour reproduction, our Digital Printing Technology is ideal for short order runs and very efficient for sorting and collating with quick turnaround times.
Benefits of digital printing:
- Jobs can be produced within a quick timeframe.
- Digital printing is cost effective on short runs.
- Digital printing allows us to produce smaller runs to test your promotional material, which lets you be sure of your marketing before you print thousands of copies
- Digital printing helps the environment as it reduces wastage. There is minimal paper lost on setting up and we only print what is needed.
- Artwork has to go through far less scrutiny with digital machines as they are much more accurate. Creating your artwork in RGB and non-compliant colours is no problem - digital printing can easily print these formats.
- Every item can be personalized as each sheet printed is an original.
- Digital printing saves the potentially costly effect of having thousands of items produced only to find out that the information is out of date. By only printing what you need when you need it (on demand) we can alter every run if needed. There's no need to store thousands of catalogues, we can print the exact number when they are required.